Listen to God's voice at the foot of the crucifix." ~St. Gaspar del Bufaro~

Saturday, May 1, 2010

St. Joseph the Worker, Please pray for me!

In today's Gospel on the Feast of St. Joseph The Worker, Jesus tells us that whatever we ask in his name, He will do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son.  If we ask anything of Him in His name, He will do it. (John 14:7-14)  So here is my prayer, "Lord....Can you help me with this picture?"  OK, Ok, I know that He can't come down and physically do my laundry but it lightened my load just to have the chuckle and offer it up anyway!

I think I'd be better off making this a time of prayer.  Praying my way through this mountain of laundry  and offering it up, one piece at a time. This road is certainly not like the one to Calvary but sometimes it feels like it, after a long week of caring for a good-sized family, homeschooling, and other activities.

My deepest hope and prayer at this moment is that each Hail Mary be one step closer to sanctifying my family.  When I feel exhausted from household duties,  I will remember that these small sacrifices are a brief moment in time.  From the words of St. Clare of Assisi: "Our labor here is brief, but the reward is eternal."  
And 2 final thoughts from Blessed Mother Teresa before I get off the computer and get to work:
1. "Be faithful in the small things because it is in them that your strength lies."
2. "Whatever you do for your family, for your children, for your husband, for your wife, you do for Jesus.
St. Joseph, The Worker, Please Pray For Me!
"Happy are all who fear the Lord and walk in His ways.  You shall enjoy the fruits of your labor, you will prosper and be happy, alleluia." (Psalm 127:1-2)

3 comments:

  1. Oh dear Tiffany, we can relate to your load. Especially with our new found urgency to find order before our next arrival.

    Rose is a tremendous help in this area. In fact, she took on the laundry as her perm. jurisdiction about 4 years ago. She has grown tremendously but even then we find ourselves with heavy loads. I sometimes wonder if more simplification is needed. It's a constant prayer for us.

    We love a good Mother Teresa quote. She definitely speaks to us.

    Your post and her quotes also relates to our family’s yearly spiritual focus - to become servants to one another. This them is permeated throughout scripture and our faith but we were prompted by reading works from Pope John Paul II.
    "TO MAINTAIN A JOYFUL FAMILY RQUIRES MUCH FROM BOTH PARENTS AND CHILDREN. EACH MEMBER OF THE FAMILY HAS TO BECOME, IN A SPECIAL WAY, THE SERVANT OF THE OTHERS." ~ POPE JOHN PAUL II

    May you and your family continue to grow in His light, remain steadfast and prayerful, and continue to share your JOY with others.
    Pax Christi – Lena

    P.S. Sorry for the long post. I’m definitely overdue for “mom” time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the support, Lena! Hugs and prayers to you as you prepare for another JOY in your family. I love the quote from JPII...I think we need to spend some time with that one!! Thank you for sharing:) Merry, Mary, month of May, under Our Lady's mantle...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Tiffany,
    I adore your laundry picture.
    I am often tempted to take one of ours too but then perhaps embarrasment about how much is undone probably stops me.
    I can relate though. We are coming into Autumn here with lots of rain. We do NOT have a clothes dryer and everything has to be dried inside. It looks like a chinese laundry often. Thank God we have a wood burning stove and a fire to dry it all with.
    I love the quotes too and am often humbled by 'servant' themes as I know I need to do better.
    God Bless
    Gae

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...