Listen to God's voice at the foot of the crucifix." ~St. Gaspar del Bufaro~

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

American Girl Gone Catholic

My oldest daughter received her first American Girl last year.  She just loves her Lanie and actually plays with her quite frequently.  Dear husband helped her carve out a little space under a desk in the girls bedroom to make a house for dolls, etc.  We call it the American Girl-Gone-Catholic Cave!  I thought it was so cute how they set it up so I just had to share!
Note the Holy Water Font, Holy Card Wallpaper and Lanie's Rosary.  
I think we picked up the cute mini rosary from the San Jose Mission once upon a visit!
Princess wants to add a church veil and thinks Lanie might be considering a vocation to the religious life... Lanie is still discerning!  How's that for a little secular to sacred conversion?

7 comments:

  1. Sweet! Two of my girls have American Girl dolls. I'll definitely show them this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how wonderful! I see Lanie's guardian angel is there on the wall too. I love the holy water font. (I just put up a new holy water font in our just painted art room, and lovelove it.) I wonder if there is a doll clothes maker who would make a little novitiate or nun's outfit or Lanie to wear. Dolls are a wonderul tool for Moms to teach the faith to their children, aren't they. And I love your blueberry oatmeal coffee cake at Catholic Cuisine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must be proud of your daughter... very, very sweet. +JMJ+

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super job! (I had to laugh when I saw Barbie and family going to Mass in my daughters' bedroom :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My Buttercup has the same thing but with a St. Therese doll. Such a sweet age. I love your beautiful posts. God bless.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...