Would you like to join me in this Fraternity of Kindness?
...Dare to change the world, one deed at a time!
As Father Lovasik points out: "No enrollment is necessary. There are no officers, no meetings, and no dues. You must make up your mind that you want to belong to it and then begin immediately to keep the rules. The rules are simple~3 little don'ts and 3 little dos." (I typed these out and taped them to my bathroom mirror;)
1. Don't speak unkindly of anyone.
2. Don't speak unkindly to anyone.
3. Don't act unkindly toward anyone.
1. Do speak kindly of someone at least once a day.
2. Do think kindly about someone at least once a day.
3. Do act kindly toward someone at least once a day.
For Any Unkindness Committed:
1. Make a brief act of contrition, such as "My Jesus, have mercy!"
2. Offer an apology, if possible.
3. Say a little prayer~such as "Bless N., O Lord,"(for the one to whom you have been unkind).
"Kindness is the grand cause of God in the world....Your mission in life should be to reconquer for God's glory His unhappy world and give it back to Him. Devote yourself to the beautiful apostolate of kindness, so that you and others may enjoy the bliss of Divine Life."~Fr. Lawrence Lovasik~
Prayer for Kindness
Keep us, O God, from pettiness;
let us be kind in thought, in word, and in deed.
Let us be done with fautlfinding and leave off self-seeking.
May we put away all pretense and meet each other
face-to-face, without self-pity and without prejudice.
May we never be hasty in judgement and always generous.
Help us, O Lord, always to be kind.
Have you stopped over to A Life-Size Catholic Blog? Through my bloggy friend Anne from Imprisoned In My Bones, it was again, God's perfect timing to discover Holly's delightful place. Her blog is filled with continuous opportunities for divine inspiration AND ways to live out the Fraternity of Kindness. Be sure to check out these memes and pass them on. Thank you, Holly!