Listen to God's voice at the foot of the crucifix." ~St. Gaspar del Bufaro~

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The Real "To Do" List

Is anyone else a task master monster like me?  Just this week I had a panic feeling that went something like this...Summer is already here, there's so much to do, and I haven't even started my "to do" list!  OH MY!  Today I saw these lovely bricks on a walk and felt them God gently speaking to me.  Then I stumbled across this sweet little list called The Real "To Do" List.  I am taking a deep breath and think I'll start here for now.

The Real To-Do List:
1.   Sing
2.   Smile at Strangers
3    Keep Learning
4.   Notice Kindness

5....Eat ice cream
6.   Hope
7.   Count your blessings
8.   Laugh
9.   Love
10. Love some more

9 comments:

  1. This really is the "Real" list! I need to print this off and tape it to my fridge. Sometimes it's hard to let go of some of the things we feel we must do and just be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I really needed that reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I second what Jen said. Don't you just love God moments? Happy Thursday, friend! `Patty

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your to-do list a whole lot more than I like mine. Guess I'd better adjust some things. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. God speaks to us in so many ways. I love that you found Him today in the stepping stones. (at first, I wondered if they were yours, and we are looking for stepping stones for our garden and i was going to say, where did you find those!!!) what a perfect list that is. maybe number 11 could be "always always priase God." :) I find that when I take the time to thank the Lord for all the little things that come my way each day -- good and not so good -- my days goes much smoother.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for sharing, your post spoke to me. I was just thinking of my summer to do list. I will print out this list and display it my home. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just notice there is no number 5 on the list.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like this! I am a list maker... always have been. I think that is good, especially with homeschooling and a large family... however, it is good to know when to let go. I'm getting better at that with age! +JMJ+

    ReplyDelete
  9. *sigh*
    Thanks Tiffany! I really needed that too.
    This time of year I am knee deep in finishing school, reporting and purchasing and planning curriculum for next year. It can get very overwhelming very fast and before I know it the summer is half over!
    I am printing this and placing it on my fridge too :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...