1. A Free Field Trip to our favorite aquarium kicked off our week. (It was a free homeschool day)
I just love the jelly fish. Can you believe these photos were taken from my phone?
Wish I looked that cute with my belly sticking out:)
2. I basked in the glow of Autumn, ablaze all around us.
3. We enjoyed our favorite "soul food" and had a much-needed family dinner. All 7 members of our family LOVE this dish. Anyone who has multiple children knows this is a small miracle:)
Tater Tot Casserole
1 lb. ground beef
1 onion, chopped
1 lb. pkg. frozen mixed vegetables
1 lb. pkg. tater tots
1 can golden mushroom soup
1/2 can water
Brown and season beef. Place in 13x9 casserole. Add layer of onions, mixed frozen vegetables, then frozen tater tots. Pour the soup, mixed with water, over the top. Bake 2 hours at 350 degrees. (1 1/2 hours covered, and last 1/2 hour uncovered)
4. We enjoyed some fun Leaf Art!
Little Page Turners.
It was pretty messy...But very FUN!
5. The Gift of a Mass from a thoughtful friend. She gave me this gift for my birthday last month and I got to enjoy it this week.
"The Holy Mass would be of greater profit if people had it offered in their lifetime rather than having it celebrated for the relief of their souls after death.”~Pope Benedict XV~
Read more about this over at EWTN
6. The Peace of Adoration. I have missed the last couple of weeks so I got back on track this week...Serious food for my soul!
"When we are before the Blessed Sacrament, let us open our heart; our good God will open His."~St. John Mary Vianney~
7. The Catholicism Project came out this week on EWTN and it was amazing! It fed the souls of our whole family:) If you haven't been able to check out this new documentary television series, be sure to visit the website. You won't be disappointed!
8. A trip down memory lane to our local museum. They displayed some of my old Army paraphernalia for the month of November to honor Veterans of different wars. You know you're OLD when your junk is in a museum!
"those shiny boots"...definite soul food.
9. Friday morning Bible Study...need I say more?
10. Rosary Making with our Little Flowers/Blue Knights home school group closed out the week. We all joined the Rosary Army! I am loving this project, shared and brought to us by a special family. I am a very awkward learner but the girls are patient with me, bless their hearts. The girls are making these knotted twine/chord rosaries for charity and also to donate to the troops.