- "Let Us Love One Another"~1 John 4:7 Full Verse reads: "Beloved, let us love one another, because love is of God; everyone who loves is begotten by God and knows God.
- "Love Never Ends."~ 1 Corinthians 13 Full Verse reads: "Love never fails. If there are prophecies, they will be brought to nothing; if tongues, they will cease; if knowledge, it will be brought to nothing."
- "We Love Because He First Loved Us." ~1 John 4:19 Full Verse reads: "We love because he first loved us." (Oops, accidentally wrote 1 John 4:7 on the wreath)
- "Love The Lord Your God."~Mark 12:30 Full Verse reads: "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength."
- "Find Your Delight In The Lord."~Psalm 37:4 Full Verse reads: "Find your delight in the LORD who will give you your heart's desire."
- "I Have Hidden Your Word In My Heart."~Psalm 119:11 Full Verse reads:"In my heart I treasure your promise, that I may not sin against you."
- "Love Your Neighbor As Yourself."~Leviticus 19:18 Full Verse reads:"Take no revenge and cherish no grudge against your fellow countrymen. You shall love your neighbor as yourself. I am the LORD."
- "Let Love Be Genuine."~Romans 12:9 Full Verse reads:"Let love be sincere; hate what is evil, hold on to what is good."
Wednesday, February 2, 2011
St. Valentine Scripture Wreath
Spreading the Love of God is the spirit of St. Valentine's Day!
Here is a Christian craft to decorate your home, classroom or home altar.
I originally got the idea for this wreath from Kaboose. They called theirs a Paper Conversation Heart Wreath. For the most part, I followed their instructions at this link, with the exception of the scripture verses. My tutorial is listed below.
St. Valentine Scripture Heart Wreath:
I began with a sturdy paper plate...
And cut out the middle
These were my other materials...
I looked up scripture on LOVE, using my New American version of the Holy Bible.
I ended up with 8 verses on love.
Did you know that the word love is mentioned approximately 180 times in the New Testament alone?
These were the verses I chose:
Once I wrote scripture verses on paper hearts, I glued them on paper doilies to make a pretty background. I used hot glue to connect the finished heart to the paper plate.
All hearts are now connected! The final touch was a heart in the middle containing an image of the Holy Family since February is dedicated to the Holy Family. After all, they are the ultimate expression of LOVE!
~The finished product hanging over our Home Altar/Prayer Table~
I just used heart ribbon that I found at the Dollar Tree to hang the wreath!
Happy St. Valentine's Day!