Listen to God's voice at the foot of the crucifix." ~St. Gaspar del Bufaro~

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Patroness Of The Americas and "Our Lady's Twinkies!"

~It was a Glorious Gaudete Sunday~
We are re-JOY-cing!

Through a tough couple of weeks, Our Lady was always there
as I prepared for my True Devotion Consecration renewal on 
Our Patroness of the America's Feast Day.
A beautiful statue of Our Lady of Guadalupe was brought into the church after 
the first Sunday of Advent.
I stopped into the church for some quiet prayer time and she captured my heart.  There she stood in the foreground of the tabernacle, beckoning me closer to her Son.
Isn't this what she does best?
I couldn't resist taking a few photos with my phone to record such a special moment.
I was captivated...
And glad there was no one else in the church at the time!
Slowly more and more roses appeared as we neared the
Feast of St. Juan Diego...
In anticipation of Her Miracle,
until this lovely shrine appeared today,
The Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe!
We were able to catch the parade...
We jumped in, with our friends, to join the procession through our city streets and neighborhoods.
A young girl and boy dress the parts of Our Lady of Guadalupe 
and St. Juan Diego each year.
They ride on a flat bed truck through the back streets of town.
Music is played and Father leads our procession,while praying the rosary in Spanish
on a microphone.
Our church is the final destination, followed by a Spanish Mass.
Our family looks forward to the procession each year!
It was quite a nice crowd today, beginning at our  
City Post Office.
We closed out the Feast Day with 
Make-Your-Own-Burritos 
and
Ladyfinger cookies for dessert...
These were store-bought...I just added the icing.
I chuckled when the kids thought they were twinkies!
Yep, "Our Lady's Twinkies"...
My new name for these sweet little cookies.
Ave Maria!





5 comments:

  1. Looks like such a wonderful day!
    Many blessings to your entire family!
    Ann
    PS Please join me at my history blog about St. Nicholas - and while there be sure to enter my GIVEAWAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. blessed celebration. All for!
    pax Christi - lena

    ReplyDelete
  3. I missed this post somehow. What a lovely tradition!!! I just love love our parish and the beautiful Mexican traditions that woven into the parish family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. how lucky you are to have this tradition at your parish. oh my, just so wonderul. the statue at your Church is agnificent, and then to see the shrine must have been so heartwarming for you. congratulations on completing your renewal of your consecration on Her Feast Day! Love Our Lady twinkies.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...