Listen to God's voice at the foot of the crucifix." ~St. Gaspar del Bufaro~

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Movin with Mary, Getting Fit For The King!

I just have to put a good word in for this lovely 
company and blog I just discovered!
Aren't these such awesome t-shirts?

Their mission inspires others to strengthen their bodies
and their souls, through Our Blessed Mother.
"To Jesus Through Mary"

Pictured above is the back of the t-shirts and below is the front label...
This is what I was asking my hubby for Christmas!

They arrived yesterday in these delightful bundles, 
wrapped in delicate blue (Mary) ribbon, 
 adorned with a Memorare prayer card and sweet little plastic rosary chaplet...
I was like a giddy child...SOOOO excited!
Such love and beauty were wrapped into these bundles.
What an amazing tribute to Our Lady!
As you can probably guess...
I couldn't wait until Christmas!

I have recently been trying to get back into better shape...
Mostly for mid-forties mental and physical
health and welfare,
if you know what I mean!
But most importantly, I desire to get Fit For The King, Christ The King, that is.
What better to way to do this than through Mary, who leads us straight to Him!
Last weekend, our local Christian homeless shelter/food kitchen 
was raising money through the city...
"Spirit of Giving" 5K Run/Walk
It was the first 5K I have ran in about 10 years!
I took my 2 oldest sons with me who had never ran a 5K, ever.
I think they are both motivated for the next one...
Especially since Mama *ahem* out-ran the youngest one;)
This is our "post race" photo, looking pretty tired!
Well, needless to say, we now have
a new Advent Tradition for our family.
Next year, we're bringing Dad for sure!

~Looking forward to wearing my Mama's Movin With Mary t-shirt out on the road~
I'm now officially motivated to stay in physical shape, getting Fit For The King, with my spiritual Mama by my side!
"Do you not know that your bodies are members of Christ himself?"
~1 Corinthians 6:15~
Check out Mama's Movin With Mary and grab their 
cute button!
Maybe even a New Year's Resolution or two!?
*Ave Maria*



Mamas Movin' With Mary

4 comments:

  1. that is a awesome idea. love the shirts too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute and faithfilled. that shirt is so you! wonderful advent tradition. i'd love to do a race with you. 5ks seem to be my go to race length but rose and i are pushing for more. there is a race in march that is near you. let me know if you're up for it. we can represent MARY.
    ALL FOR!
    pax Christi - lena

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool!

    Way to go on the 5K! You are inspiring. I wanted too, came close too, then did not do it. I don't even have a good excuse why I didn't.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on running a 5k!! Love the shirts and I too am always trying to get into better shape.....trying is the operative word!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...