- Shepherd's Pie (I used the recipe from Simply Recipes) With a cheese cross garnish:)
- Shepherd's Staff Bread Sticks
- "Green Pasture" salad
- Flock of Sheep Cookies
Sunday, April 29, 2012
Good Shepherd Sunday Dinner
Happy Good Shepherd's Sunday!
I'm re-posting our traditional dinner menu as I'm scrambling out to the grocery store after Mass to pick up supplies...Good Shepherd Sunday snuck up on me this year:) Just in case you are looking for quick and easy ideas to celebrate this special day of the Easter season!
Our Good Shepherd Menu:
Our sheep cookies were really easy and turned out cute!
Sheep Cookie Tutorial:
Here is a photo of the ingredients:
1. Use any jumbo chocolate chip cookies. (Ours were store bought)
2. Frost in sheep wool swirls with cream cheese frosting. Mix with a bit of chocolate frosting for a tan color.
3. Use regular sized marshmallows cut in half for the face
4. Cut mini sized marshmallows in half for the ears
5. Mini chocolate chips were used for the eyes
6. Nose/mouth was a mini m&m
7. Black licorice was used for the legs
(I saved these and re-use each year)
Two years ago, we did a little sheep craft to decorate our table based on an idea from this link. We made 7 sheep, for 7 people in our family to represent the fact that we are Christ's sheepfold. Then we cut out green hand prints for the sheep's pasture to represent the hands of the father from the gospel passage:
"My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one can take them out of the Father's hand. The Father and I are one." ~John 10:29-30~
Here is a tutorial for a quick and easy Good Shepherd Candle Craft if you don't have a (home) Paschal Candle:
I found this link to a printable Good Shepherd that I found in google images. If you click on the full size image, you should be able to print to the perfect size for these clear glass candles, found at the Dollar Tree (and many other places too).
I printed it out and used this product to seal it to the candle.
This is something I found that does not cause printed color copies to bleed. It worked perfectly! If you don't have this, Good old Mod Podge will work too.
~The Good Shepherd candle worked great along side our Paschal Candle~
Most importantly, let us remember to always listen for the voice of the Shepherd...
Our happiness depends on our fidelity to the grace that keeps us sensitive, aware, and disposed to the tender voice of the Shepherd...."I think I could no longer live if I stopped hearing Him speak."~Johan A. Mohler~