Listen to God's voice at the foot of the crucifix." ~St. Gaspar del Bufaro~

Sunday, May 18, 2014

Homeschool is Momschool~ 10 Least Expected Lessons to Celebrate 10 Years!


This year we are celebrating 10 years of homeschooling...And we have literally been celebrating! (More on that coming soon).  Needless to say, I've been doing a lot of reflecting on the last decade spent doing something I never dreamed I'd be doing...

These are the 10 least expected lessons from the place I found myself least likely to be...And celebrating 10 years doing it! 
(P.S.) I think these might be applicable to being a Mom in general;)

1.  Homeschool is Momschool.  Without a doubt, I'm the one who has learned the most around here...About myself, my faith and spiritual life, even in history and science! I'm still a math-fail.

2.  Homeschooling is misunderstood by many people, including myself.  It's not what I thought it would be and a beautiful discovery continues to unfold.

3.  Educating at home does not make me a saint but it sure makes me talk to them a lot. Ok, I'll admit, begging them for help a lot...I've gotten to know a whole lot of dead guys and gals!

4.  Each year of homeschooling changes just like the students and the teacher.  It looks different from year to year and my flexibility muscles are stronger for it, both in mind and soul. 

5.  My homeschool will never look like anyone else's because it never was mine, it's His. 
"Comparison is the thief of Joy".~Theodore Roosevelt

6.  God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

7.  Things hardly ever go my way and I think that's the point.

8.  Obstacles always lead to opportunity.

9.  There are no guarantees from the things I do...Surrender can mean success. 

10. We are most likely to learn in the most unlikely places.

More coming soon on our 10 year celebration!


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful reflections, and so true for myself as well! Congratulations on ten years! May god continue to bless you with growth in faith and wisdom!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...