Listen to God's voice at the foot of the crucifix." ~St. Gaspar del Bufaro~

Sunday, June 18, 2017

It Is Finished.

It is finished.
I will be taking a little blog break to heal.

A marriage has ended and a family is broken.
My heart feels like a gaping wound.
Yet it is surreal. I pinch myself here in this little blog window. 
Is it really true?
Sadly, it is.
I never dreamed such sorrow could consume me once again.  I remember similar feelings after my late husband was tragically killed.
Here I am losing a beloved spouse in a different way. 
The price of love is almost too great to bear.

It's been almost 3 years working through this tragedy and my heart still hurts all the time.  My brain hurts too.  Both my heart and my head still struggle to process all that has happened.  Especially because things were good and happy in my house until the lies rolled out.  It's still so hard to believe that such an incredible charade took place right before my eyes.   

Like a bomb going off, I discovered that betrayal and pathological lies staggered through the 17 years of our marriage and suddenly came to light in shocking ways, including sexual addiction. In fact, I've heard stories like mine on television talk shows and now one of them showed up in my house. Uninvited.  I am that person who had no clue. It was honestly like the father of lies suddenly appeared and shattered our family in one fell swoop.  It has truly been Unbelievable.

Love still held out hope that maybe a miracle could occur with humility and true reconciliation. I hoped and prayed, for my children's sake, that a miracle recovery and conversion would take place.  It was my biggest prayer to have my husband and family back, the way it was 'before.' 

No miracle came.  This was another tragedy for all of us.  With every bone in my body, I feel the broken bonds of our marriage in the hearts of my children.  Marriage is clearly not just about the husband and wife.  Our bond created more life and love through our children and they are crushed a long with us.  We should never underestimate the damage that an earthquake causes to a house... Everyone who lives there is affected. I suppose that's why the word divorce sounds bad.  It sounds like walls dividing and crumbling down.

So the question is how do you put your house and heart back together after such an earthquake of the heart rumbles through your life?  How does someone rebuild a house of love?  Now there's a happy word!  Rebuild.  It's possible, as we all know.  We've seen it happen all around us.  Even the horrific 9/11 brought rebuilding and restoration. This is where I am now. I'm struggling with rebuilding and restoration in the midst of human damage. I'm learning that it takes a real and honest look at the carnage
...resentment and other broken pieces of my heart...
to see how it's affecting spiritual and physical progress. 

Maybe by putting myself out there in all of my weakness, others might find hope and healing a long with me. At times, I have never felt so alone.  What breaks people out of this is loneliness is getting it out, talking, writing, etc.  If you have ever experienced betrayal trauma, (or any other trauma) you know this.  You cannot remain silent. You must be able to talk about it.  Even if it reaches one person who needs to know that someone else walks with them, I am here.


Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and God of all encouragement, who encourages us in our every affliction, so that we may be able to encourage those who are in any affliction with the encouragement with which we ourselves are encouraged by God. For as Christ's sufferings overflow to us, so through Christ does our encouragement also overflow.

~2 Corinthians 1:3-5~

It is finished
These were also the last word's of Christ on the Cross.
I'm sitting with this for now.
As Christians, we know the death of Jesus, those last words he spoke, brought hope.
This is what I cling to.
I carry this cross in the name of hope.
Please pray for my family's healing.

"I will restore you to health; of your wounds I will heal you, says the Lord." ~Jer. 30:17






8 comments:

  1. Tiffany, I can't fathom all that you have had to endure. I'm so sorry for your suffering but so inspired by your strength. What a faith-filled holy witness you are! God bless you my friend! Many prayers for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your many years of friendship through sharing and writing about our faith, dear Anne. I appreciate that you are still here through my tragedy and stop by to encourage and offer prayers. You are a treasure!

      Delete
  2. Tiffany, I have shared with you some very difficult things our family is dealing with, and I am sorry I have not checked in for some time. You are still a part of my prayer intentions, and I trust that I am a part of yours. May God bless you... you are dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for always popping in to offer prayers and a kind word, Annita. You are faithful friend to reach out and offer your hand and your heart. You are definitely in my daily prayers! Much love to you.

      Delete
  3. Dearest Kindred Spirit, I grieve that you've been in this desert for so long, waiting for joy, and trusting in God's faithfulness. I understand the feelings of those 2 words and the weight they have on the entire body. I pray for the Holy Spirit to bring lightness in your comfort through him. Love wins, no matter what. I love you and your children.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the love, dear Kindred Spirit. We have walked one, incredible, journey together. Thank you for the kind and wise words. Love you!

      Delete
  4. I went on this similar journey 5 years ago and probably longer as my marriage crumbled with addiction and lies. I wanted to understand and then after years, I got the answer from God, that I may not understand but I will later and I had more peacc. I found divorce recovery groups in my Catholic church and Al-anon is another good place. It took time to find myself again and begin the recovery. The Lord is surely there and new plan for all of us even in the awfulness of divorce. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for sharing hope in the awful wake of tragedy! Your comment was a blessing.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...