Listen to God's voice at the foot of the crucifix." ~St. Gaspar del Bufaro~

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Things to look forward to....



I am looking forward to a little road trip....
Don't we all need things to look forward to?  With our ultimate goal of heaven to look forward to, there are steps a long the way to help us get there.  Some of those things include stopping a long the way to smell the roses and enjoy God's glorious blessings all around us.  Next week I will have the pleasure of taking a little road trip with my 7-year old daughter.  We will be driving from California to Oregon to visit my sister, husband, and our 1-year old niece.  They live in a beautiful part of Oregon!  Nature abounds there and the simple beauty and grace of the outdoors is food for the soul.  I have only been there once before and I was particularly struck by the simple truth that God's animals are pro-life!  The geese were attentive to their goslings and their sole purpose in life seemed to be together.  Ahhh, how refreshing.  This time I will be blessed with the companionship of my daughter to take in all of this together.  This is a great blessing, I know.  Hubby will surely enjoy the other children until we return.  We will miss them but will undoubtedly return with a renewal of spirit.  After all, it's only 4 days!
I am looking forward to a little road trip...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...