Listen to God's voice at the foot of the crucifix." ~St. Gaspar del Bufaro~

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Feast of The Holy Cross

Exaltation of the Holy Cross

I just sat down and this poem flowed from my heart.  I think that means I should share it here:

Love complete...
is the symbol of horror that became the symbol of hope...
With the death of Our Lord on the cross, came the dawn of eternal life.
The instrument of our salvation is forever a sacred symbol that we cling to...
In our sufferings and sorrows, we are never alone.
We visit, we kneel, we lay prostrate, we sit quietly,
gazing at the One who gave it all.
Complete surrender at the foot of His cross brings peace,
filling our cups with grace,
quenching our desire for heaven,
Until we are in His arms,
Love Complete.

I didn't have much planned today so the things you see here were all spontaneous ideas from the kids!

Six-year-old Superboy came up with the idea of making crosses with our pretzel and popcorn snack!



"Let the crucifix be not only in my eyes and on my breast, but in my heart."
~St. Bernadette~



Triumph of the Cross Brownies for Evening Dessert!

6 comments:

  1. Your family is so creative!! Thanks for this great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your poem is wonderful! We used to go to a church that had a special Stations of the Cross for children on Good Friday. The children in the parish drew the artwork for the prayer book, your children's pictures remind me of that special time in the life of my own family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful poem, Tiffany, straight from your heart... into mine. and the pretzel popcorn idea is wonderful! you all have great snacks too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your poem is beautiful! Thank you for sharing. Very cute snacks! I like how you put the cross on the brownies with frosting. I am still waiting for my cross cake pan to arrive! I should have planned further ahead:) Oh, I like the artwork too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always have great ideas. You and so many others are so generous in sharing these ideas.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...