Listen to God's voice at the foot of the crucifix." ~St. Gaspar del Bufaro~

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Blessed Kateri Tekakwitha Crafts

Blessed Kateri Tekakwitha~The Litly of the Mohawks
Feast Day: July 14th
I thought I'd share this fairly easy Blessed Kateri craft that we did today. I adapted the idea from Family Fun.  Her feast day is tomorrow!  We have a special affection for this amazing Indian girl since Princess chose her to be her First Communion Patron Saint.  Also see our All Saint's Day post for a Cross Lashing Craft idea, using materials from your own backyard!  (My boys loved this one)
These are the materials for the Tekakwitha Tube Doll (above):
Toilet paper tube
Construction paper
Tacky glue
Permanent pen
I pre-cut the construction paper to make it easier for the kids...
Just wrap and glue to get the final product...Blessed Kateri Tekakwitha!
~We added her to our prayer table~
Princess made her own Kateri Tekakwitha frame from this coloring page and some crafting sticks.
Then she lined the frame with construction paper.
Lilly of the Mohawks, please pray for us.
Last year we posted some interesting resources and made cornbread. This year we have some new and fun snack ideas that we hope to try and share soon!
Blessed Kateri Tekakwitha, please help me to be more like you in my love for God and for people.

5 comments:

  1. oh your Blessed Kateri is too cute! I'm going to check out your last year's post as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute craft! I've been letting some of the feast days slip by me this summer, thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I would have gotten princess her First Communion Necklace before her feast day. I'm so sorry.

    Princess will be in our prayers.

    Pax Christi - Lena

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...