Listen to God's voice at the foot of the crucifix." ~St. Gaspar del Bufaro~

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Waffles

Tis the pumpkin season!
We had fun making these waffles and they were very yummy.
Note:  I doubled this recipe for my family of 7...We had a few leftovers to warm up the next day:)

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Waffles:

Ingredients:
2 Cups all-purpose flour
1/4 Cup sugar
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1 1/2  Cups milk
4 Tablespoons butter, melted
1/2 Cup canned pumpkin
1/4 Cup mini chocolate chips

Instructions:
1.  Preheat waffle iron and coat with cooking spray.
2.  Stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.  In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, melted butter and pumpkin.  Pour the wet ingredients over the flour mixture and stir just until combined.  Add the chocolate chips last and stir in gently.
3.  Pour the waffle batter onto the center of each section of iron.
4.  Cook waffles according to your waffle iron, approximately 4-5 minutes.
5.  After cooling, cut into desired pumpkin shapes and serve with maple syrup:)
I had some good help!
These are waffles prior to "carving."
This was our first basic face...
Everyone liked our Christian pumpkin faces the best, with the Cross shaped nose:)
Enjoy and have a blessed weekend!

6 comments:

  1. I've gotta get a waffle maker....it's on my Christmas list!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute are those! We have a single waffle maker...wish I had one of those industrial ones :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think my comment disappeared! Trying again-

    I love it. They are adorable. I have wanted to replace my broken waffle iron for years- this is serious motivation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely. it's like a reverse pumpkin. you used the pieces you'd normally carve out from the pumpkin as the pumpkin face. very creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun. Your cross shaped nose one is the best!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...