Friday, May 7, 2010
Crowning Lunch Tutorial
Here are a few instructions for the Crowning Lunch!
Queen of Heaven Crown Cake:
1. We baked a yellow cake in a 13X9 pan. We cooled and cut in the shape of a crown.
~Next we flipped the crown over to decorate~
~We used blue colored frosting and sprinkles to adorn the cake~
~Cake Mate makes some decors that we used for the jewels~
For the center of the crown: I bought paper mini frames from the Dollar Tree. I inserted a Holy Card and then cut the frame to fit our cake...voilla!~
It is non-edible, of course!
These are photos of the decors and frames:
2. Our Crown-shaped Sandwiches were cut out from the large-faced sour dough bread. I made turkey and cheese sandwiches first, cut them out, and then added the pickles as the crown jewels.
3. Crown-tipped Chips are just triangle-shaped tortilla chips!
4. Crown Jewel Berries are just whole strawberries (Self-explanatory).
5. Our Lady's Blue Lemonade~ Regular yellow lemonade with blue food coloring~