Saturday, October 22, 2011
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Waffles
Tis the pumpkin season!
We had fun making these waffles and they were very yummy.
Note: I doubled this recipe for my family of 7...We had a few leftovers to warm up the next day:)
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Waffles:
2 Cups all-purpose flour
1/4 Cup sugar
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 Cups milk
4 Tablespoons butter, melted
1/2 Cup canned pumpkin
1/4 Cup mini chocolate chips
1. Preheat waffle iron and coat with cooking spray.
2. Stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, melted butter and pumpkin. Pour the wet ingredients over the flour mixture and stir just until combined. Add the chocolate chips last and stir in gently.
3. Pour the waffle batter onto the center of each section of iron.
4. Cook waffles according to your waffle iron, approximately 4-5 minutes.
5. After cooling, cut into desired pumpkin shapes and serve with maple syrup:)
I had some good help!
These are waffles prior to "carving."
This was our first basic face...
Everyone liked our Christian pumpkin faces the best, with the Cross shaped nose:)
Enjoy and have a blessed weekend!