Listen to God's voice at the foot of the crucifix." ~St. Gaspar del Bufaro~

Friday, June 25, 2010

Saint Josemaria Escriva

I just love reading the writings of St. Josemaria Escriva, a saint of our times...



[Josemaria+Escriva.jpg]


I recently read that In 2001 Pope John Paul II explained the secret of St Josemaria’s message: “Blessed Josemaria was a man who thirsted for God, and therefore this great apostle used to repeat the aspiration ‘Thy face, O Lord, do I seek’ (Ps 27:8). 
He wrote: ‘In intentions, may Jesus be our aim; in affections, our love; in words, our theme; and in actions, our model’ (The Way, 271).”
~I am inspired by this~
Many people know St. Josemaria Escriva was the founder of Opus Dei.  I am not a member of Opus Dei but I have been blessed with exposure.  I have attended several evenings of reflection and my older sons have loved going to their summer camp each year.  I will always be grateful for this beautiful Catholic experience that has enriched my life.  Striving for holiness in ordinary, daily life is something I have had to learn in my adult life...It has been a key component to my journey of faith.  Thank you, Lord, for graces received!
~I made Flan for dessert in honor of St. Josemaria Escriva as this is the national dessert of Spain, his home country~
Check out my post over at Catholic Cuisine for EASY instructions!
~Here are some great resources for kids and a free holy card to download~
Josemaria Escriva Holy Card
Activities and Stories for Kids
Some of my favorite Josemaria Escriva Quotes:
"Anything that does not lead you to God is a hinderance.  Root it out and throw it far from you."
"Have a good time," they said as usual.  And the comment of a soul very close to God was "What a limited wish!"
"Love our Lady. And she will obtain abundant grace to help you conquer in your daily struggle."

1 comment:

  1. looks very tasty! striving for holiness -- I'm with you! it's a daily commitment and I pray for perseverence.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...