Our American Heritage Girls troop had a great Lenten Kick-Off with Socks of Love.
Not all of the girls in our troop observe Lenten practices but it was a great service, nonetheless.
- We start by collecting travel sized items and long knee/ tube socks. Crew socks work as well (but not as well as the full knee socks).
- Stuffing items include shampoo, deodorant, toothbrush, toothpaste, chap stick, hand sanitizer, kleenix, sunscreen, lotion, etc.
- Like-items are then sorted into gallon ziplock bags to keep them together for better assembly line work.
- One of the socks is placed inside the other, prior to stuffing. (This makes it look like we are only stuffing one sock) Having one inside the other also helps not to stretch the socks out too much.
- About 10-12 items fit into the long knee socks.
- 6-8 items fit into crew socks.
The Gospel Mission received gratefully on Ash Wednesday:)
This is a great way to share *LOVE*
What service or almsgiving does your family do during Lent?
Check out the Lent reflections participating in the Keep LOVE in LENT Blog Link-Up 2013! We'll be sharing different ways, tips, stories and real-life experiences that will help us focus on Lenten sacrifices, prayer, and good deeds, and how to carry them out with LOVE instead of GRUMBLE.
Discover new Catholic Blogs to follow!