Listen to God's voice at the foot of the crucifix." ~St. Gaspar del Bufaro~

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The Cross And My Journey


I have always wanted to start a blog, primarily as a family journal for record keeping.  I love the idea of having a space to record our life journey through writing and photos.  I also love the idea of being able to share ideas and faith journeys with other bloggers; Our primary mission being out in the public, is to share faith, hope, and love.

The title of this blog stems from an arduous journey of faith, up the hill of calvary.  My story begins with a tragedy that found me laying prostrate at the foot of the cross.  Hence, the photo on our blog header.

As one of my first posts, I begin at the foot of the cross once again. It is Easter, 2010, and we have just journeyed through a wonderful Lenten Season. It is fitting that I always return here since this is where my story began after losing a dear husband on Good Friday (4-2-94). I hope to reflect hope through my blog since it is through that suffering that I am here today, praising and loving God more than ever in my life. Yes, I am grateful for the suffering that has also brought me home to the Church. It is here at the foot of the cross that I  also rediscovered my Catholic faith in its fullness and abundant treasures!

I am ultimately humbled by the cross, not as a grotesque murder weapon, but the tool of our salvation. It is through the cross that Christ has redeemed the world. As in the Way of the Cross, I have experienced the cross as a jeweled Cross of Victory in my life and that of my family. Suffering has been an opportunity to share a piece of the cross that Jesus bore for us...The same cross that leads us to heaven.
I am thankful for the Stations of the Cross as a Lenten reflection of this amazing gift of God's grace and mercy.
" I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me; and the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me." ~Galatians 2:20~

God Bless you all as you journey into Easter and the many glories of the resurrection!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...